Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Dessert recipes don't have to be unhealthy, in fact, this recipe for Chocolate Dipped Strawberries is actually quite healthy. Our delicious recipe for chocolate dipped strawberries includes fresh strawberries and dark chocolate with some milk chocolate added in. The reason that this recipe can actually be considered healthy is because it uses all-natural, high-quality ingredients. Strawberries are very good for our health in moderation, even though they are high in sugar, these are healthy sugars. These delicious berries are very high in vitamin C, high in potassium, and very high in manganese and dietary fiber. We are also finding out that dark chocolate with a high amount of raw cacao in it is actually great for our health because it contains powerful antioxidants. For best results, use high quality, unrefined chocolate like the Bernard Callebaut chocolate we use in the recipe here. You can experiment with raw cacao chocolates if you like. Enjoy these guilt free bite-sized treats for any occasion.
24 fresh strawberries
5 ounces Callebaut dark chocolate
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil (or any vegetable oil)
5 ounces Callebaut milk chocolate
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil (or any vegetable oil)
1.Wash the strawberries and let them dry completely as the chocolate will not stick on them if they are wet.
2.When dry, put a toothpick into the stem end of each strawberry and put all the prepared berries onto a plate. The toothpicks will give you something to hold onto when you are dipping and garnishing your berries.
3.Prepare a flat dish by cutting a piece of parchment paper to fit. This is where you will place your dipped strawberries while the chocolate is hardening.
4. For the best flavor, use a good grade of chocolate when you are making these chocolate dipped strawberry treats.
5.You will need two pots for melting the chocolate as we are melting both dark chocolate and milk chocolates in this recipe.
We used a double boiler for the dark chocolate and an electric chocolate melting pot for the white chocolate.
*Tip: The electric chocolate melting pot was around $10.00 to buy and if you are melting chocolate often is really a handy tool to have in your kitchen.
We like the results and flavor we get with callebaut chocolate and we buy in block form but , you can also use chocolate chips or chocolate melting wafers.
6. If you are using block chocolate you need to chop it into small pieces for even melting.
7. Melt your chocolate over medium to low head and add the 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to each. Stir slowly with a spatula occasionally.
8. When the chocolate has melted, pour each color into a small glass bowl. Choose an appropriate small size bowl that you can easily dip the strawberries into.
9. Reserve about 1/3 of the milk and dark chocolates and spoon into piping bags. When you are ready to garnish, you will cut the smallest amount off the tip of the bag to pipe the chocolate through. If you do not have piping bags you can you a small plastic baggie.
10. Set up your chocolate bowls beside your prepared strawberries.
11. Take a strawberry by the toothpick and dip it into the chocolate, roll it and do all sides, but leave some red strawberry showing at the top. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off then place the dipped berry onto your plate lined with parchment paper.
12. Continue until all the berries are dipped. Let the chocolate dipped berries sit for about 5 minutes at room temperature and then transfer them into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
By allowing them to sit at room temperature first and then refrigerating, the chocolate should not crack and should be a lovely consistency when you bite into it.
13. Remove the dipped strawberries, cut a very small hole off the tip of the piping bag and proceed to decorate the strawberries in any way you desire.
You can drizzle on lines of chocolate to form a nice design. We drizzled on both milk and dark chocolate and the results were beautiful. You do not need to be a master decorator to make these delightful chocolate dipped, chocolate drizzled strawberries! Put back into the refrigerator to harden up the chocolate drizzle.These treats would be fine for about 3 days in the refrigerator, but not likely they would ever last that long uneaten!
Love this recipe? Check out more recipes in Grandmother's Big Bundle of Recipes where you get all 12 of Grandmother's ebooks giving you 1000 recipes plus other valuable kitchen information for ONLY $24 (regular $120). You save 80%!
Nutrition Facts for: Chocolate Dipped Strawberries From Grandmother's Kitchen
Ingredients: Strawberries, Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, grapeseed oil.
* Percentages (%) are based on a 2000 calorie diet * The entire recipe has been calculated for 24 servings. * Per Serving: Calories 70, Calories from Fat 35, Total Fat 3.9g 6%, Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%, Cholesterol 3mg 1%, Sodium 10mg 0%, Potassium 62mg 2%, Carbohydrates 7.9g 3%, Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2%, Sugars 6.7g, Protein 1.0g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 12%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%
Learn MORE at Grandmother's Kitchen
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.