How to clean remove mould off ceilings

Photo Credit:

Do you have mould growing in your home on your ceilings or walls? If so, you're not alone; it happens to many people in old and newer houses alike. The main thing that causes mould is too much humidity in your home. Humid air provides a nice, damp environment for mould which is what it needs to thrive. It could also be caused by a leak in your roof or a leaky pipe which would need to be fixed in order to get rid of the problem. For excess humidity though, all you need ot do is to dial down the humidity in your home. You can buy a dehumidifier which works to pull most of the humidity and moisture out of the air and dry up the air in your home. You can also make sure that you're running a fan whenever you take a shower or a bath or open a window to let the steam out. Or when you're cooking, especially when you're boiling something, make sure you run the exhaust fan. Also, if you live in a place that gets a lot of rain, try not to leave your windows open on a rainy day and run your dehumidifier. And don't hang dry your clothing inside because it causes too much moisture in the air.

In this short video from Remove Household Mould, you'll see patches of mould disappearing from a ceiling just from using some of their special mould cleaning product. The shows the solution being sprayed onto the ceiling with a cleaning sprayer with a wand to reach the high ceiling. Within seconds of applying it, the mould starts to change colours which means the cleaning solution is working and then they wipe it clean with a mop. The great thing is, they didn't even have to scrub hard, the mould just came right off. This would be an excellend cleaner to have if your home is prone to mould and mildew, and you could easily clean anything with it. From your ceilings to walls, your shower and bathtub, as well as basement floors and exterior siding. It would work great on anything. The product cannot be used on textured ceilings like the stucco ceilings that people usually refer to as popcorn ceilings. It's also not good to use on wood or metal unless it's been treated with a sealant that would prevent the cleaner from getting into the pores.

Also, don't use it on any fabrics, it's best used on paint and vinyl. Also, when you're cleaning your walls and ceilings, you'll want to prepare your room properly so as to not spread the spores around to other surfaces. The best thing to do is to cover up the floor or carpet as well as any furniture in the room before you get started on spraying.

It will protect the other items from getting the cleaner on them, and it will prevent the mould from infesting the other areas. This is especially important if anyone in your home suffers from mould allergies. Stirring up the mould spores while cleaning the mould up can cause allergies to get worse, so maybe plan to stay over at a hotel or a friend's house while you're cleaning up the mould. Then, make sure you ventilate the home really well as you're cleaning and afterwards too. It's also very important to wear protective eye wear, gloves and a breathing mask while you're cleaning mould because you don't want to inhale or ingest the mould spores in any way. Try out these cleaning tips and if you can't get your hands on some of this cleaner always use natural cleaners like vinegar and hydrogen peroxide when you can.***

Privacy Policy