How to get rid of black mold for a safe environment

Photo Credit: Try Cleaning Tips

Would you know what to do if you found mould growing in your home? Or maybe you already have some growing in your home, and you're unsure of what to do. If the mould isn't extensive and you just have a small area to deal with, you can usually clean it up yourself. But if the mould in your home has spread and there's a lot of it, you will need to call professionals to safely remove it for you. Cleaning a small amount of mould on your own is easy with some simple cleaning tips and some natural cleaners though, and there are ways to prevent mould from coming back too. Mould is a fungus is made up of tiny spores that are not visible to the naked eye. These spores nestle into damp, warm environments and feed on surfaces like wood and drywall and then you can see the larger colonies of mould forming. The spores spread fairly quickly and take advantage of any dampness in the area. If mould is left alone and not treated, it can quickly take over an entire area.

The best way to combat mould is to create an environment it can't grow in. This means making your home fairly dry and well ventilated. You will also find that mould grows in areas that are dark most of the time. So letting natural sunlight in your home is a great way to keep mould at bay because mould doesn't really like bright light. Even having the perfect environment for mould to grow for only 3 to 7 days can be enough for the mould to quickly spread if there are spores in the air according to Try Cleaning Tips. This means if you have a leaky roof or a leaky pipe and you don't notice, mould can start to appear quite quickly after the leak begins. This is why it's important to check out any dripping sounds or visible water drips right away. Another thing that causes mould to grow is condensation. Even just the vapour from our breath accumulating might create the perfect environment for mould to grow, so keep your home well ventilated. Also, there are great dehumidifiers on the market that help you control the amount of humidity in your home.

If you do happen upon some mould in your home, it's important to clean it right away. You also want to be sure not to spread the mould spores, so it's important to close off the room that has it. It's also important to wash anything that the mould has started growing on. Sometimes it can spread to fabrics like blankets and clothes, so it's important to wash these items in hot water with white vinegar or borax which are great mould killers. You can clean surfaces like walls, tiles and wood with vinegar too. Just put some white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it directly on the mould. Allow the vinegar to sit on the mould for at least 30 minutes or longer to kill the mould spores. Then wipe off the mould with a cloth that you can dispose of right away. You can also use rubbing alcohol or cheap vodka, as well as hydrogen peroxide or baking soda. Natural cleaners are just as effective as using bleach to get rid of mould. The cleaning tips from Try Cleaning Tips recommend using either bleach or vinegar. Also, you will want to protect yourself by wearing safety glasses, a mask, and gloves so that you don't get mould spores on your body. Try out these cleaning tips and get rid of mould in your home.***

Learn MORE at Try Cleaning Tips

To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.

Privacy Policy