How to Make a Boxed Cake Mix Taste Like a Bakery Cake
One of the reasons many of us hesitate to bake is that it is difficult and time consuming. This recipe, from the website, Midget Momma, shows you how to make a box mix taste like a bakery cake. How often have you attempted to bake a cake from scratch only to have it fall once you get it out of the oven, burn or bake too dark, simply not taste as good as you had hoped it might, or other issues?
There are some tips that can help you improve your culinary skills if making a homemade cake is important to you. Here are a few things to think about:
· Read the recipe from start to finish to be sure you understand how to make the cake
· Get all the ingredients out of the cupboard, fridge and freezer and put them in order
· Be sure all your ingredients are at the same temperature, including butter and eggs
· Be sure you use the appropriate flour; cake and pastry flour works best
· Blend ingredients well. Butter and sugar need to be blended for about 5 minutes (or more) to get them really light
· Add the flour mixture alternately with the liquids, and consider doing this by hand
· Check your oven with an oven temperature gauge to be sure it is at the right temperature. Plenty of ovens cook either too hot or too cold. Once you know, you can adjust your gauge to accommodate.
· Set the baking temperature at least 10 minutes earlier than the recipe calls for. Does the recipe say bake for 40 minutes? Set your timer for 30, then check with a knife, toothpick, or if you have one, a cake tester (well worth the cost)
Starting with a mix is also a great way to ensure a perfect cake. Adding additional ingredients such as eggs, oil and other elements can make it taste homemade, add more nutrition, and ensure a perfect outcome. If you are new to baking or have been frustrated with your baking attempts in the past, try this recipe. It will encourage you to bake from scratch (almost) once again. Your family never needs to know . . . and we promise we won’t tell. Find out how to make this recipe and many others at the website, Midget Momma, by following the link below.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Midget Momma
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.